Monday, March 02, 2009

What a beautiful day

The past few days I've been a little depressed. I've thought about why, and it's hard to pinpoint an exact reason, but I think it may be due to a number of things.

I haven't worked out in a while, and I think that has a lot to do with it. Also, I never really realized how much I depend on my friends, but social interaction is definitely something I depend on. I think that part of the reason might also have to do with the fact that whenever I come back from a trip it's hard to get readjusted to normalcy, for lack of a better word.

I've tried doing what I like to do - poker, bowling, computer games, movies, etc. - but they haven't provided the same pleasure over the past few days that they normally do. It wasn't until about an hour ago that I felt much better.

I decided to go lay on my porch and enjoy the day, and I think that my depression has stemmed from being inside all the time. I have no scientific reason for the way I feel, but whenever I'm outside I'm immediately in a better mood. When I think back to some of the low points in my life, there is always one constant - not seeing the light of day for hours, days, sometimes even weeks.

Sometimes it can be hard to get the motivation to go for a hike or a walk (often times because the wind is so absurd where I live), but I have to remind myself how much better I'll feel.

3 Comments:

Blogger 81Trucolors said...

I can't run cause my knee is hurting but we should definitely go for a good long hike tomorrow.

3:25 PM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Make sure to put sunscreen on your triceps!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fantastic said...

It sounds like you might be suffering from a mild form of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).

Look it up on Wikipedia. It's easily treated by just spending more time in the sun or lying in a tanning bed.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home