Friday, February 06, 2009

Puerto Rico

No, not the country. Puerto Rico is one of the best board games I've ever played, which definitely says a lot. I'd describe it as a mix between Chess and The Settlers of Catan (which is also an amazing board game).
I get addicted to things very easily, so it came as no surprise to many of my friends to find out that I had even outlined several Puerto Rico strategies on an Excel Spreadsheet. I even found a strategy guide (well, I didn't - Moon found it) written by someone far more knowledgeable about the game than myself. Pretty interesting stuff, really. Right now I'm still exploring new and improved ideas, but I've got a lot of the basic game theory down. The frustrating, yet awesome, thing about the game is that a lot of times you will make a move and then realize that you made the wrong play shortly thereafter.
I think the thing I like most about the game is that it gets me fired up to play poker. Anyway, if you see me at IHOP at 4:00 in the morning, you'll know what got the best of me ;)

kwicky

1 Comments:

Blogger KermyFrag said...

The Carbs??? ;P

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home