Thursday, January 15, 2009

Eco Friendly

Sorry for the belated blog, but I'm still counting this as my week 2 entry :)

So Amber found these really cool garbage bags that are 100% biodegradable the other day. I encourage everyone to switch to these "BioBags," as they are much better for the environment than their plastic counterparts.
Speaking of being eco-friendly, I also encourage everyone to buy their own cloth grocery bags. Many grocery stores offer really nice bags that zip up and even insulate. Sometimes I forget to bring my bags into the store, in which case I usually just cart my items to the car with no bag at all.
Sometimes ending up with plastic bags is inevitable, in which case they can always be re-used to pick up after your dog or re-used in a trash can at home.
Amber and I were even considering starting our own compost pile to reduce waste even further, however, our HOA association prohibits compost piles because they attract bears :(
Anyway, if anyone has any other simple, practical ways to be "Green," then feel free to e-mail me.

6 Comments:

Blogger PunkyPickett said...

How's that yoga and meditation coming along?

1:44 PM  
Blogger 81Trucolors said...

Link to the bags?

10:03 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fantastic said...

Buying reusable cloth bags is a great idea. I've been doing it for years, even before it got trendy. :)

I would imagine the tap water in Colorado is pretty good compared to most states. But for your time spent in Vegas, I recommend you buy a water filter and stop drinking bottled water like most people do.

Check out this great article in the New York times on bottled water and why no one should drink it. I used to drink gallons of it back when I lived in L.A., but then I found a public Glacier filter where you could filter a gallon for $0.25. I'd recommend that for anyone who can't buy a home filter and doesn't want to get cancer as a result of drinking the tap water in L.A.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fantastic said...

woops, forgot to post the link to the NY times article. here it is

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/12/fashion/12water.html

7:27 PM  
Blogger Kwicky said...

Damnit Pickle, you called me out! Lol

3:48 PM  
Blogger Nappy said...

All the resolutions are officially dead...

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home