Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Day 3 - $10,000 Main Event

Ok, so it's been a while unfortunately, and I dont know if I'll be able to accurately recall most of the hands, but I'll do my best. I started out Day 3 with $380,000 with high expectations, however I had a fearless table that wouldn't let me play aggressively, so it was fairly frustrating. The first few pots I played I couldn't hit a hand and quickly siphoned off 30k or so. Then a hand came up where a guy two to the right of me limped, and I looked down at AQ and raised 4x the BB. Folds to him and he calls. The flop came 8,4,4 and he bets half the pot. I raised 3x and he called. Turn came a duece and he checks and I bet 2/3 pot, which was about 1/3 of his remaining stack and he calls. River came another deuce and he checks and I decide he's not going to fold and end up checking and his pair of 6's are good. Later, I raised UTG with Ks,K to 8k and middle position goes all-in for 43k and I call. He has A,K, but the flop comes As,xs,xs. Even though I still have a flush draw and a king, I ended up losing and now I'm crippled down to 111k with the average at 130k or so. Then a hand came up where the guy two to my left raised to 8k and I called with 8,8 as did the BB. Flop came J,8,2 rainbow and the raiser fired 16k after the BB check. I flat call and the BB folds. Turn was a 6 and the raiser now bets 30k and I weakly flat call again. River was a 5 and now he goes all-in, which put me all-in and I call and he has A,9 for ace high and I double up. At this point I was playing the tightest poker of my life. Pi had me playing four hands in two hours, and that was the most patient I've ever had to be in my poker career, so I was very proud of those two hours. Then a hand came up where it folded around to the SB, who made it 8,400 and I flat call with 3,3 in the BB. Flop came Qd,8,5d and he bet 7k and I called. Turn was a 4 and he bet 9k and I called. The river was the Ad and he checked and I bet 15k and he insta-called with A,Q. I thought he could have nothing, or a Q on the flop and I would take it away later in the hand. Then his weak bet on the turn made me think he had a Q,T or something close, so I called, thinking I could take it away with the right card on the river. The river brought what I thought was a perfect scare card, but I didn't bet enough to get him to fold, not to mention he had a much bigger hand than I thought he had. Then a hand came up where UTG made it 9,500 and two people called. I look down at A,A and try to refrain from licking my lips. I make it 45,000 and everyone folds, except one of the callers. Flop came A,K,2 rainbow and he bets 40,000 into me and I think for a while and flat call. In retrospect I really wish I had min-re-raised, but oh well. Turn was an 8 and we both check. Then the river was another 2 and he checked and I bet 100k and he folded. A little while later I raised on the button with K9s to 9k and the SB re-raised to 25k, leaving himself with 60k and I pushed in and he folded. Last hand of the night I raised to 9k with T,6 in the cutoff and the BB called. Flop came As,T,8s and we both check. Turn came a 5s and he checked, I now bet 12k and he called. River brought an offsuit 3 and we both check and T,6 takes it down with middle pair. I ended the day with $383,500 after a very long, frustrating day. Day 4 to come tomorrow

1 Comments:

Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Lies... I wait and wait :( I hope your'e having fun bastard :)

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home