Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Day 2 - $10,000 Main Event

Wow, what an emotional rollercoaster today was. Truely amazing...
So I started the day with 38,200 in chips and folded the first round and a half. Then I pick up 8,8 in the cutoff and raise to 1,300 and get re-raised by the button, who had also folded every hand thus far, and decided to lay it down face up. After the table broke he leaned over to me and said he had Q,Q that hand...I think he was honest (at least that's what I'll keep telling myself). The very next hand UTG limps for 500, middle position limps for 500 (both players have under 10,000 in chips and I look down at A,K one from the cutoff. I make it 3,000 and everyone folds to the middle position limper, who calls. The flop came T, 9, 6 and he goes all-in for 4,100 and I call instantly, obviously, and he shows a lame ass A,T.
"Nice hand buddy, calling off half your stack to a tight player.....I guess I'll see you at the final table."
I get moved to a different table and look around and see a bunch of moderate stacks and no one notable. I was playing pretty tight for a while, then folds around to the SB and he makes it 1,500 and I call with A,8 in the BB. The flop came A, 9, 8 and he checks. I weakly bet 2,000 and he calls. Turn is another ace and he checks and now I bet 3,000. He calls and the river brings a ten. He checks again, and now I put him all-in for 4,600. He thinks for a while, then calls with A,7 and now I'm up to 50,000. Shortly after I raise in early position with 8,8 to 1,500 and get one caller. The flop came Jc, 7, 5c and I bet 2,000 and he thinks for a little bit and calls. At this point I really think he has absolutely nothing and is calling to see what I do on the turn. The turn is a jack and I bet 4,000 and he calls after a short think. At this point I still don't think he has a hand, as I thought he would raise me on the turn there with a jack, because of all the possible draws. The river is a dreaded 7 and I checked dark. He thinks for a bit and bets 5,000 and I reluctantly call. He flips over K,Qo and I take down the pot. Now I'm cruisin up to 65,000 or so. Table move and now I'm across the table from Andrew Black, who seemed to be playing with caution. I quickly build up the tight, but solid image and pick up many pots uncontested. The guy to my right liked to "dance", but it was pretty obvious to even the cocktail waitress that he was getting boned pretty routinely. After a few small pots and a couple continuation bets gone sour I was moved to a different table with around 60,000 in chips. This was a pretty tough table, and definitely not where I wanted to be. A lot of chips were on this table, I could tell immediately that it was an action table. Many raises and re-raises preflop. I pick up 6,6 in middle position a couple hands in and raise to 1,500 and the guy to my immediate right quickly re-raises to 5,000. I look over and see three stacks of black and four stacks of green (a sign that he has been picking up many blinds and antes, and is thus extremely aggressive preflop) and give a little chuckle and fold. A few hands later UTG limps and I limp in the SB with 2,2. BB checks and the flop came T,T,9. I bet out 1,500 and the aggressive guy to my left immediately makes it 5,000. UTG folds and I think for a few seconds before calling this obvious Q,J. The turn came a 6 and I check, knowing this guy won't be able to help himself from betting. Sure enough, he doesn't disappoint, and throws out 6,000 and I quickly move all-in for around 25,000 more.
"Nice bet, I fold"
"I don't get bullied....just so you know..."
The 2,2 was then facialed as the level came to an end.
At this point I'm sittin on 65,000 or so and feeling pretty good. Then, after having an extremely tight table image, I raise to 1,500 with the blinds at 300/600 and no SB one from the cutoff. A guy two to my left re-raises me on the button to 3,500 and I flat call with J,9. Flop came 9, 7d, 7 and I check and he bets 5,000. At this point I'm pretty sure I have the best hand, but can't raise, because I think this guy could easily re-raise with crap and I'd have to fold. Thus, I flat call. Turn came a 6d and I check and he checks. River brought a Qd and I check and he throws out 5,000. At this point I don't think he's bluffing, most likely he hit the queen on the river with his A,Q, K,Q, or Q,J and I think I can represent a monster. So I check-raise to 20,000 (I meant to make it 25,000, but screwed up and only threw 20,000 in). He thinks for a long time before calling and flipping up the Kd,6d. I was so pissed off because there was no way I could possibly put him on a hand that big. I think he would have folded if he did have the queen, based on how long it took him to call with the king high flush. I couldn't beleive that he re-raised me with nothing invested and no SB with K,6 when I hadn't raised a pot in God knows how long. A round later I raise to 1,500 with AJs UTG and he calls. I notice out of the corner of my eye that the BB is staring me down to see if I'm at all weak and I just have a really strong feeling he is going to re-raise with any two cards because I thought I was emitting weakness. Sure enough he re-raises 6,000 more and I flat call because I think the other guy will call as well. This forces the BB to hit a hand because he has two big stacks behind him and he can't just go all-in on any flop with his remaining 10,000. The flop comes K, 5, 5 and he goes all-in. After siphoning off another 7,500 I fold and the caller immediately calls with K,Q. The BB shows A,A and the turn comes a disgusting king and the BB gets no help on the river and is eliminated. Now I'm down to 27,000 or so and extremely upset, but luckily a break came shortly after and I was able to calm down. I really think that the K,3 hand from yesterday allowed me to handle losing a good amount of chips and emotionally recover. I decided playing tight was in my best interest and folded just about every hand that came my way for the next hour or so, which was pretty easy, considering Q,7 was one of my best hands in this time frame. Finally, a guy in early position limps for 800 and I look down at 5,5 and decide to make it 3,000. Everyone folds and he calls, flop comes Kh, 9h, 5d. He checks and I weakly bet 4,000. He makes it 14,000 and I quickly go all-in for my last 8,000. He calls with K,J and I'm sitting pretty. The turn came a scary king, but the river bricked, and now I was back up to 60,000 or so. I kept up my tight, aggressive game for a bit and built my stack to 70,000 and then raised with K,Q in middle position and got a caller on the button and the BB. The flop came Kd, Jd, 4 and I bet 6,000 and the button calls and the BB folds. The turn brought a 7 and I checked after a few second think, under the impression that the guy won't be able to help himself from betting his obvious draw, and sure enough he bets 14,000. I quickly go all-in for 40,000 more and he reluctantly calls with 7d,5d and I hold strong for the 140,000 pot! Now it's on. This pot was such a confidence booster, and now I have enough chips to severely cripple the guy two to my left who seemed to have it out for me the whole day. After raising and getting re-raised or called every single time by this guy the following hand came up. He raised my BB from 2nd position, as he had done the ENTIRE day without exception and I look down at A,K and decide to flat call to disguise my hand because I think he makes critical mistakes postflop - he has 290,000 and I have 140,000. Flop comes Kh, K, 5h and I check. He weakly bets 3,000 into the 8,500 pot and I check-raise him to 7,000. He re-re-raises me to 17,000 and I think for a while about what to do. I finally decide to make it 37,000 and he calls. At this point I'm praying for no queen or 5, as I have him on K,Q. The turn came an offsuit 4 - perfect card - and I go all-in for my last 100,000 and he insta-calls with K,8 and the river bricked. Now I'm up to 270,000 and on a tear! A break comes not too long after, and I decide to tighten up my game a little for the last hour of play. I made a few raises to pick up the blinds and antes and a re-raise with AKs and ended the day with 308,000. More to come on Friday...

12 Comments:

Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Good job

4:03 AM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Good luck BABY! Rememeber that staying in the tournament is the most important. Gl man. I like your change of style. God damn, make me so hot.

6:46 AM  
Blogger David Hoedeman said...

hey I'm a good friend and avid reader of tom fuller's blog... I stumbled on yours recently... just fascinating to read, great level of insight. look forward to any updates on final table action (if millionaires like yourself still take the time to blog).

2:44 PM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

7 people left you're 4th in chips. I still think you're the fav to win this thing. You're ganna go far.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

You just doubled up 3 seconds after I said that. With qq. Haha SWIM FISH SWIM

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of my buddys is moore and he is keeping me updated... congrats so far!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

You're number two on dinner break. DAMN I feel like I'm the onle one not there. Easy sailing from here on out. :D!!!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

BIGGEST SUCKOUT EVER IN THE HISTORY OF POKER. FUCK YES MAN! GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Final 2. I have all my faith in you man. You're the favorite to win this thing. GO FISH!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

What a hell of a run. 6 million dollars. Congradulations man. You'll still be the best player that I've ever seen.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

Wow, how have you not posted oh wait, you've been a little busy. Congrats man.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Hey man where the posts at? Don't leave me hangin :P. Well you go have fun rafting :(. Talk to you later

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home