Sunday, November 05, 2006

Day 6 - $10,000 Main Event

Ok, so I started the day with 2mil in chips and blinds at 15k/30k/5k and Mr. Gold to my left. It ended up being a fairly short day, playing from 60 down to 27 people. I wasn't picking up many hands, and had a very tight table image as I was being blinded away. Then a hand came up where UTG tight guy raised to 100k and I look down at Q,Q in the cutoff and decide to flat call. Gold calls behind me on the button, as does the BB. Flop came K,4,4 and UTG checks, I check, Gold bets 300k and everyone folds. He then flips over AKs. A while later, with the blinds now at 20k/40k/5k, UTG loose guy makes it 120k and the button - who was making a lot of opens, but not many re-raises preflop - makes it 350k. I'm in the BB with AKo and a 1.1mil stack and think for a while about what to do. In retrospect I should have just folded, but instead I opted to call and hopefully get it head up with the button and shove on any flop. I thought UTG would either fold or go all-in (in which case I would fold, because he'd have to have A,A or K,K to do that) because of his stack size. I also thought there was no value in going all-in because I thought the button re-raiser would have to call with any hand he would re-raise UTG with because of the odds he'd be getting, and I didn't want to play *hopefully* a coin flip for my whole stack at that point. Instead what happened was UTG called and now I had to hit. Flop came Qs,7s,3 and we all checked. Turn was an offsuit T, I checked and UTG goes all-in for about 700k and the button and I fold. Now I'm down to 700k as the day comes to an end with 27 remaining. Average at this point was 3.3mil and I'm in 26th place...not looking great, but I'm still in it, and that's all that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home