Thursday, February 12, 2009

Slight Change of Plans

So yesterday Brooks, Natalie and I arrived at J's place up in Silverthorne around 11:30pm. We played a game of Catan with J's two roommates, Jeremy and Jeff, and then started discussing plans for the following day. After hearing that Wolf Creek had received 41" over the past 48 hours (21" over the last 24 hours) my decision was made. I ended up making the four and a half hour drive with Jeff and Jeremy right then - 3:00am so that we could get there by the time the lifts opened.
Even though we were exhausted, the trip was well worth it, as I would easily put it in my top 3 skiing days of all time. The only knock on Wolf Creek is the lack of vertical terrain and the traversing that you have to make to get back to the lifts. However, the good far outweighed the bad - no crowds, awesome weather, great snow, and a down to earth feel to the resort.
When we got home I immediately hit the hot tub, then watched a Most Evil before heading to bed. All in all it was a great trip, even though 13.5/24 hours were spent in the car. Jeremy took a couple videos of us on his phone, so I'll look into getting those from him if/when possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home