Thursday, April 27, 2006

Day 4...way back when

Day 4 was really good to me. I started the day with $500,000 and was up to 2.6 million at one point, but ended the day with 2.245 million. Here were a few of the hands

Dealt to the fish [QhTh]
UTG folds.
Fish makes it $40,000
fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold
BB calls [$28,000]
Flop: Ts9s5h
check, fish makes it $60,000, call
Turn: 7c
check, fish quickly moves all-in for $325,000, think forever - fold
Kwickfish: well, you obviously didn't have better than one pair, so good fold
BB: I couldn't beat a pair of Jacks
Kwickfish: so you had AT?
BB: something like that

That pot put me back up to $500,000+ (after losing a couple pots to start the day off). Then, after being moved to another table, the following hand happened. Second position makes it $40,000, then Chip Jett, immediately behind the guy makes it $150,000. I'm in the small blind and fairly quickly move all-in after looking at AsKs. Second position quickly mucks, then Chip Jett thinks for a while and mucks AKo face up. Cha Ching! huge pot for the fish, now I'm up to $700,000.

The very next hand I'm on the button and folds to me, only to look down and see AA. I make it $40,000 and Chad Brown calls in the BB (he is the chip leader of the table). Flop comes Jh4sTh. Check, I bet $70,000 fairly quickly and he calls pretty quickly. Turn: 3d. He checks, and I check. River comes 2s. He fires $90,000, then I think for a really long time and finally decide to make it $200,000 and he quickly calls. Boom, the fish now up to 1 million.

Now I get moved to another table and let the blind stealing begin! I tried to only play small pots, but every now and then a big pot would come up, such as the following two hands. Folds around to Evelyn Ng in the small blind and she makes it $65,000 and I call the $45,000 more in the BB with 6d5d. Flop comes As4d3d. She fires out $100,000 and I make it $300,000, she quickly moves all-in for $1.2 million total and I call. She shows AK, but when the turn comes the Qd, she is drawing dead and the fish now a monster stack with 2.4 million.

Shortly after, I raise to $65,000 in late position with Ad7d and Victor Ramdin calls in the BB. Flop comes 8d2d2c. He checks, and I fire out $100,000, he quickly calls. Turn comes a 7, he checks, I now fire out $200,000 to keep the pressure on his pocket pair, or pair of 8's. He quickly calls again. River comes a complete blank, check, check. He shows pocket tens, and rakes in a big pot from me.

I was then moved to another table, and picked up a lot of pots with a preflop raise. I decided to gamble for a huge pot, but didn't like how I played it - I should have just re-raised the initial raiser, and either the same outcome would have happened, or I might have split the pot with Chan. Chad Brown UTG raises to $60,000, I call in third position, and Johnny Chan immediately makes it$300,000, leaving himself with $15,000. Folds back to Brown, who thinks forever and finally makes the call, leaving himself with $350,000 or so. I think forever about what these two guys have, and just feel certain that neither of them have a huge hand, and want to gamble to pick up this 1 million dollar pot, so I call. Flop comes Ts2s2h. Check, check, check. Turn 3d. Brown bets $20k, I call, Chan calls all-in. River 3s. Brown bets $250,000 and I fold. Brown shows TT and Chan is eliminated.

**Let the back luck begin**
Shortly thereafter I was moved to a table two to the left of Patrick Antonious, who was the chip leader with about 4.5 million. Almost every single pot was raised by him, forcing me to fold many hands that otherwise would have most likely won me the blinds. When he did fold, and I raised, some amateur at the table would shove all-in, and I could never call the million more or whatever they shoved in for. All day I had very few pocket pairs, and other legitimate starting hands, but this day was my best day of the tournament, and I was really happy with how I played, regardless of the lack of cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home