Friday, April 21, 2006

Day 2

Well, Im still in the tournament, and playing very well. Top three hands of the day were:
3) Victor Ramden raises to $5,100 in 4th position with the blinds at $800-$1,600 and $200 ante. Folds around to me in the small blind, and I call with Kh9h. I have around $170,000 and he has around $80,000. Flop comes Tc9c7d. I check quickly, followed by a check from Victor. Turn comes 5c. I quickly reach for chips and bet $6,000, and he thinks for a little while and calls. River is the 2h. I think for a short while and check. He bets $15,000 fairly quickly and I immediately call. He announces "King high" and I show him my call with middle pair for a pretty large pot.

2) Victor Ramden decides to try to steal my big blind yet again in 4th position, followed by a quick call from the guy right behind him in seat 3. Folds around to me, and I think Victor doesnt have that big of a hand, based on the casual way he threw in the chips, and the caller behind him obviously cant have a huge hand either. I decide any two cards are a big raise, and my 9d7s didnt stop me. I make it $15,000 more, for a total of $19,100. Victor quickly folds his garbage hand, as expected, but then the other guy calls to my surprise. He has $130,000 or so starting the hand, and I had $240,000 or so. The flop comes Th8h4s. I think for a really long time about what to do, since I have so many options here. I could check-raise, check-call, bet big, bet small and re-raise all-in if I'm re-raised, or bet small and flat call if I get raised. (If you're thinking folding is an option here, you are sadly, sadly mistaken). I decide to bet $15,000 and I was going to decide what to do next, based on his reaction to my bet. I felt if he raised, and I thought he had nothing, I would go all-in. However, if he raised, and I thought he had a good hand, I was going to flat call. However, he ended up flat calling. The turn came the 6h, bringing the third heart and making my straight. I thought for a really really long time about what the proper play was. I decided there was no way I could put him on a flush, because I thought he would have raised me on the flop, and I thought the chances of him calling my preflop re-raise without a pair were slim to non. I also decided that I couldn't risk betting big and getting flat called again incase another heart came. Therefore, I moved all-in for $110,000 into the pot of $65,000 or so (I also thought he might make a crazy brave call with a pair of Jacks here). He thought for about five minutes, then folded, and the fish raked in yet another monster pot.

1) Ok, so these people didn't know at the beginning to middle of the day, but by the end of the day they realized.... do NOT try to steal the fish's blind! I folded my big blind three times today, and all three times it was raised and re-raised before me. Folds around to seat four (sixth position) and he makes it $4,000 with blinds at $600-$1,200 and a $200 ante. Folds to me, in the big blind, and I look down and see JsTs. Now most of you know that the odds of me folding here are zero and zero - the only question here is whether I'm going to make this guy wish he didn't raise my blind right now, or later in the hand. I decide to flat call and hope to play a monster pot (most likely on a bluff, even though JTs usually flops at least something). He has around $110,000 and I have around $180,000. Flop comes 8s5s3h. I bet into the raiser, hoping he would raise or fold, what I did not want was a flat call. He very quickly makes it $14,000. Now, most of you are thinking "ok, the fish is obviously going to raise here, right?" However, at this point, I have no doubt that the pot is mine, no matter what comes on the turn, so I decide to get greedy and flat call, knowing that this douchebag is going to bet the turn. Turn comes the Ac and I check fairly quickly. The raiser doesn't disappoint, and makes it $15,000. I think for about thirty seconds and make it $45,000, knowing there is no possibly way he can re-raise me unless he has a set of Aces or Asxs, in which case I'm drawing dead anyway, and would love to fold my hand before making a fatal flush. He quickly acknowledges that I most likely flopped a set on him, and threw away his hand.

Anyway, I need some sleep, a big day coming up tomorrow. I'll update you at the end of the day.

Kwick

3 Comments:

Blogger GnightMoon said...

You're playing out of your mind. Keep the blogs coming but remember - in a few days thousands of people will be reading it.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Bag said...

DNFWK!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

I'm your biggest fan :O. SPonsar me :D. I love your bb defend... its ... cute :)

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home