Saturday, April 22, 2006

Day 3 Survival

Ok, so Day 3 was not as good to me as I had hoped, but I made it through, and into the money. I decided to pick up my usual pots when it looked like no one wanted the pot, or when the opportunity presented itself. However, today, I tried to accumulate monster chips additionally by gambling a little. A few big key pots that I played in were the following:

1) Phil Helmuth raised my blind yet again in second position, forth position calls, button calls, I look down at KQo and think forver about coming over the top huge, but decide to just see a flop and call the 10k more in the small blind, and big blind checks. Flop comes JT8 with two diamonds. I check, big blind checks, and forth position makes it 35k, leaving himself with 21k more. Button folds, and now I have a very tough decision. There is already over 110k in the pot and it would cost me 56k to play with forth position, which would mean the pot would ultimately lay me a little over 2.5:1 odds to call, assuming he gets it all-in at some point during the hand. At this point I have no clue what forth position has, so for all I know a King or Queen might be good, if he has say the AdJd. One thing is for sure, though - he has a hand he's going with. I also have the big blind and Helmuth behind me, but decide if they want to put a bunch of money in the pot, that is just fine by me, I have them all covered, and if I lost to the biggest stack of the three opponents, I would be down to 200k, which is still above average. I decide to call. Both the big blind and Helmuth fold, and the turn comes the 9c. Beautiful! I have the stone cold nuts! My opponent pre-emptively goes all-in and I call, he immediately announces that he needs the board to pair and flips over TT for a set. Unfortunately the river quickly comes a Jack, and I didn't even have time to celebrate my hit, haha. That pot was over $222,000, which was devastating, both to my chip count, and to my future play, because now people are going to assume that I'm on tilt if I put big money into a pot, and probably re-raise me with mediocre hands. The very next hand I picked up 99 and had to flat call a preflop raise, rather than re-raise like I normally would have done, because I didn't want to play an all-in pot and hope had just had overcards.

2) It was bubble time, and that meant that the "kwickfish" style was in full force. I had raised and re-raised four or five out of the last eight hands, and now it was folds to my button. I looked down and quickly made it 30k, yet again with QsJs. The small blind thinks forver about drawing the line, but opts to fold, and Helmuth in the big blind immediately announces "ALL-IN" for $152,000. I think for a short while and decide to call, because I think he could be doing this with many marginal hands, given my current table image. He asks me if I have a pair, and then shows his 22. I show him my hand, and off we go to the races. BOOM! AhJ6h on the flop! Turn comes the xh, and river comes the Qh. Devastating! That pot had $318,000 in it.

3) Second to last hand of the day, and the fish is hurting....down to 250k or so. I look down in third position and see AcQc and make it 35k. Folds around to D'Agostino who quickly moves all-in for almost exactly 200k. Folds back to me, and I have a pretty tough decision, because I'm not getting the right price if has AK, but it would be a horrible fold if he has JJ or a smaller pair. I end up reluctantly calling, and he flips over 99 to my relief, and off we go to the races yet again. I flop an A, and luckily no runner runner flushes, and now I have 500k going into day 4. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

Oh my fucking son of a fucking god god damn it man. You have NO idea how many points u scored in my bood haha. Phil Helmuth with 22.. doesn't his stupid bitch ass complain about fucking idiots that do that. God I love you :)... hey remember to slowplay sometimes aye aye.. see how he put you all in? your over agressive style will score some points if u have say qq and they need to steal your flat call.. eh eh. god man gl. I hope you rape em :)

7:10 AM  
Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

book*

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home