Saturday, January 14, 2006

Hold em or Fold em? 1/13/06

Ok, here is the hand that Wolf mentioned in his blog, this was a joint session between the Wolf and I, and I must say, I feel like we both were playing some of the best poker I've played in quite a while.

binhdeez [$4730]
GnightMoon [$1940]

Dealt to GnightMoon [ As Ad ]

GnightMoon raises [$100]
GeorgeWZ folds.
nycsnake folds.
binhdeez calls [$100].
lastochka777 folds.
hoppsy81 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Th, Qc, Qd ]
GnightMoon checks.
binhdeez bets [$250].
GnightMoon raises [$500].
binhdeez calls [$250].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Td ]
GnightMoon checks.
binhdeez bets [$700].

** Hold em or Fold em?

Wow, this one was tough! After being called on the flop, I really felt as though this guy had a T or mid pair, or KJ. What this hand history doesn't show is just how fast he called my min-raise on the flop. Also, the fact that he bet $250 into a pot of $257 or so made me think that a Q was pretty much out of the question. That ten on the turn was the ugliest imaginable card. I finally decided a call was the correct play, because I felt like the odds of this guy having either a 99 or KJ, or complete nothing were just as likely, if not more likely than of him having a ten. I felt a ten would have thought for a few seconds longer before calling my min raise on the flop, but also, with how much money was already in the pot, I would only have to be right a small percentage of the time to make this the right play.

GnightMoon is all-In [$1340]
binhdeez calls [$640].
** Dealing River ** [ 8d ]
binhdeez shows [ Jh, Kd ] two pairs, queens and tens.
GnightMoon shows [ As, Ad ] two pairs, aces and queens.
GnightMoon wins $3927 from the main pot with two pairs, aces and queens.

1 Comments:

Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

If this hand was a picture I would frame it and put it on my wall

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home