Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer: Highlights and Things Yet to Happen




It's been a whirlwind summer.

I began the summer by taking a river cruise with Amber through Europe. On the second night there, I proposed and she said yes! Obviously things off to a phenomenal start.

Then, as always, I spent the next six weeks in the Rio poker room for the WSOP. Historically, I've had trouble with smaller buy-in events but I really started figuring things out. I only had one small cash but I feel now that my game is at a much better place. The main event was one of the most rewarding and also the most heartbreaking tournaments I've played in recently. Still though, I'm proud of the way I played. Good luck to the nine! :)

Since the WSOP I've been all over the place, mostly outside. About a month ago I backpacked up to a natural hot springs and then climbed Conundrum and Castle Peaks, two 14,000' mountains in Colorado. A few weeks ago I went white water rafting with Amber, Daisy, and a bunch of good friends. I've been playing a lot of softball and volleyball too.

As I pointed out in a recent post, the biggest news since Amber's and my engagement has been the addition of Bella to our family. It's fun having a puppy again but this dog has a mind of her own.

Other than that? Getting ready for NFL, working on a Heads Up book, and trying to stay on top of the changes in MMA. Football starts in 16 days!

1 Comments:

Blogger KermyFrag said...

Bella is getting better! She only pooped in the house twice today ;)

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home