Friday, June 12, 2009

$2,500 NL Short Handed - 6/8

A couple rounds in it folded to the cutoff, who made it 175, button called, sb called, and I looked down to see Q,Q.  I squeezed to 900 and the cutoff quickly threw in 4,000.  Fold, fold.  I decided to go with it because it was the beginning of the day and I wanted to either double up and have a chance to run over the table early or go home.  Unfortunately the latter was the case, as he turned over K,K after I went all-in and was called.  In retrospect I think I could have made a good fold here.  I don't think he would have made that play with J,J very often, so I was likely either flipping or a 4.5:1 underdog.  Maybe the real mistake was playing the event in the first place, given the fact that I had just gotten into town from Germany the night before.  I was so excited to play though!  Anyway, I'm feeling great about my game, so I can't wait for the next one.

'09 WSOP - 0/1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home